When I arrived at Mitel, the blog was nothing more than another content type in a disused resources section. It had no owner, no strategy, no measurable traffic, no images and no home of its own. But I saw potential.
I advocated. I educated. And I pushed.
Fast forward to 2016 and the blog was one of the company’s biggest content marketing wins.
I helped build the blog to over 100,000 page views that year (40% organic, and growing) driving an active pipeline of leads. [Update: In 2017, we reached 100,000 page views in just 8 months—that’s 33% faster]. With the SEO research and audience insights incorporated, it even became a successful pitching platform for our PR department. All with no dedicated blogging resources.
Want to know how? Contact me >
- Dedicated blog home page
- Increased visual focus
- SEO keyword research applied
- Audience topic insights incorporated
- Widespread crosslinking
- Linking to relevant conversion points
- Design and usability improvements
- Blog subscription launched
- Creation of serial content
- Annual traffic growth of 100%+
- Even faster organic growth rate
- 100,000 page views in 2016
- Active lead pipeline
- Successful pitching platform for PR
- Used in content marketing campaigns and nurture tracks